Monday, April 28, 2008

...and the kitchen sink.

Today Abigail was stretching me. I start off with this fact to set the tone. We were not having a bad day just one-of-those-days. I was trying to get something finished with the bank (on the phone) and while I was on hold I noticed she was dragging AJ on his tummy across the patio by one wrist. I reacted by running out and reminding her that brother was still a little fragile. I turned to go back in and as I got settled back at the table I looked to find her throwing something off the second floor balcony thru the railing. Again I ran out and looked noticing that a fish toy had gone - of course- in the downstairs neighbors porch. I scolded her and she threw a pretty good fit I stopped to evaluate my options... I was still on hold with the bank... I didn't want to start the process all over again, I was the only adult at home with this testing toddler. I decided to take her to the play pen and leave her in there until I was able to hang up the phone. I dragged her (not quite literally) kicking and screaming to the room and put her in the play pen. Luckily this all happened just in time for the lady to come back on the line, 'Mrs Severns??...' Thank goodness for good timing! Once I finished with the phone call I went in and found a calm Abigail and after we talked I took her down to the neighbors door and asked if we could please retrieve our fish. The man was very nice and offered to go out and get it for us. When I got out there he picked up the fish and looking to the far end of the patio, looked back at me and said 'Is all of this yours too?' I rushed out to his patio to see half the toybox in the shrubbs just beyond his railing!

3 comments:

stacita said...

That's hilarious.

carrie said...

One way to get new toys......?

Eva said...

hahahaha!! She is so funny! I love your blog and I am excited to keep checking it! Keep up the good work! (Noah is quite the character, I very much like his "wisdom")