Monday, August 24, 2009

Abigail's First Day of Preschool



Today is the big day! Abigail went to school this morning and it was a much anticipated event. We have been talking about it for a couple of weeks and a few days ago her teacher came to our house for a visit.
This morning she was up before I had to wake her up. I was a bit surprised about that because her school day wake up time is half an hour (or a bit more) before her normal wake up time. We got ready and Andy got home from work just in time to come with us to drop her off.
When we got there we took pictures and went inside. We were early and so lots of kids were already there playing. Abigail took one look around the room and said "Bye Mom!". I told her to wait a minute and let's go see her classroom. Inside her classroom we found her desk and her cubby to hang her sweater and backpack. Again she looked up and said, "Okay, bye Mom!". And again I said, "Please wait a minute, I want to pray before we leave." So she appeased me and Andy prayed. This is when my tears began. As soon as we said 'amen' she said "Okay, bye Mom!" I figured on the third plea I should release her. So with a quick kiss she was off and approached the first group of kids she came to and said "Hi Ever'body!" Andy & I gave each other a glance and with a few more tears we left her there. It's very exciting and a little sad. However I am told that most milestones in motherhood are. :)

3 comments:

carrie said...

Wow, what an easy great first day, hopefully they will all continue that way! I love that she went and said Hi to the kids :) Makes me a little teary thinking of it all!

Nikki said...

Wow she is so big! I remember when we took her to the mall before Carrie's shower and she was just a little baby! Man time goes by so fast!

Jill said...

In one of your Malta pictures I thought AJ looked a little bit like Andy, but this one he really looks like him, I think. It's the look and the "big guy" stance! :)