Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Growing too fast

Kaelyn has been getting more confident in the bath lately and not just sitting in her little blow up tub but now rolling around and exploring the bigger tub that her bath sits in. Last night she was laying face down hanging half out of the tub playing with the drain. As I watched her I couldn't believe how long and lean her little body was. It made me catch my breath as I caught site of the little girl that was emerging out of the baby body. That's been happening more and more lately with her. I see the toddler coming out and the baby leaving. Right now I feel sad about it, I know as parents we are supposed to grow them up and let them go but I can't help mourning it a little. When our bath was over and she was standing facing me with her little round belly and baby faced cheeks I felt glad knowing we still had a little more time. I'm trying to catch all these moments and store them up because they are what remind me of how fast things change. It's good for me because it makes me leave the dishes or laundry and sit down to play.

No comments: