Monday, February 11, 2008

Velcro

Do you know that velour pants and flannel sheets do not go well together??
I don't understand why it is that late at night I find it so hard to make myself go to bed even though I can barely keep my eyes open and I am so tired it is painful. However, during the day -if- I get the chance to nap (meaning both children are asleep simultaniously) I drop everything and RUN to my bed and get in, clothes and all, just to get a little nap. The other day I was wearing my favorite around-the-house pants, hot pink velour yoga pants. In the afternoon this sometimes rare occurance (sleeping children) happened. I ran to my bedroom, closed the curtains, turned off the phone, turned on the sound machine and flung myself into bed. The most amazing thing happened, it was like there was velcro in my bed. My pant legs were hiked up around my knees and I couldn't work them back down. I tried to roll over and get comfortable, that was even more impossible! Then I realized that either my pants or the flannel sheets -both of which I love- had to go. By this time my heart was pounding and I was frustrated meaning I was probably not going to be able to settle down and go to sleep. I jumped up and took the d@!n pants off. After that I did end up getting a bit of a nap, thankfully.
This is how I learned- flannel sheets and velour pants don't mix.

2 comments:

carrie said...

I have encountered this same "velcro" affect myself and have had my blood pressure raise numerous points over it.....why is that!!! Is it the fact that we are so desperate for sleep that anything that stands in our way becomes a greater enemy then any terrorist could be.

stacita said...

I am loving the mental picture!