Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hola de Chile!

Hey gals! I am safely here in Chile. It's beautiful. I am currently in an apartment on the top floor right in front of the ocean. I can actually hear the waves crashing. It's amazing. I have to say it's funny how parenting changes travel (and the kids don't even have to be along). I am enjoying myself: the views, smells, sounds, food, YET I'm worried that Ruby isn't sleeping for Barb, I'm hoping Juan doesn't feel abandoned (I know Noah is fine - having the time of his life actually). I was only nursing Ruby every couple days mainly just when I was desperate, and yet I am fully aware that my boobs are fairly full of milk. I feel sharp pangs of guilt right along side my excitement at being in another country. Oh, the complexities of Motherhood.

1 comment:

carrie said...

Yeah!! I was so excited to see this post! I didn't even think about nursing...I was wondering if you still were, ouch for the boobies and for the reminder. Here, Here to those Motherhood Complexities and to the pangs of leaving them but I know your kids are being spoiled rotten! Just remember those days when you can only wish to leave them for a room alone and a beach! :)