Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Severns' Summer Adventure Part III



We landed at Sigonella and got to our hotel around 9 pm last night and were exhausted! The flight was better than I expected. AJ was full of wiggles but that didn't surprise anyone. We stopped over in The Azores, Portugal for about an hour and a half. The kids are so into buses right now and they shuttled us to and from the runway in a bus. When we got off the bus and were loading the aircraft again, AJ stared screaming and crying because he wanted to stay on the bus instead of the airplane! It was funny, the flight attendant especially got a kick out of it! When we got to Sigonella we had to wait for the shuttle for almost an hour but it was okay. Our room is nice.
The night went better than one may have expected. Abigail slept all through and AJ, Andy and I woke up (unrelated) around 2:30-3 am. Andy left and went to the lobby to read while I brought AJ to bed with me and he went back to sleep after about an hour. I dozed a bit from 5-6 am but not really much. I forgot my little book light at home and that is a MAJOR bummer!
This am we were all starving and we found a good place for breakfast that is right here on the base. Andy went and came back with a lot of food that was consumed very quickly. AJ was so hard asleep that when I rubbed his back and asked if he wanted breakfast he didn't move or wake at all but nodded his head yes! Abigail growled at me and then made her way (slowly) to the table and devoured her food! (She's so much like her dad in the am!)
This morning we went for a walk and found a park. It is HOT HOT here! That didn't last long before we found some real Italian pizza and had lunch. We all slept for about 3 hours this afternoon and then went swimming! The pool here on base is really cool! I forgot to take a picture... :(
Tonight we ventured out a bit and found a small town in the country to have dinner. It was so good, we all had homemade pasta. That is where the pic is taken. Abigail is still having some camera aversions which makes taking pics frustrating! I'll keep in touch and post more later!

1 comment:

carrie said...

Yeah! So glad you made it and things are going well! Jealous of the home made pasta Yum! This is great, I'm so glad your blogging!