Monday, July 20, 2009

S.S.A. Journal

Gals, I decided to try and keep a brief journal of this trip and forgot to bring anything to write so I think I'll use the blog... if you don't mind?

My main apprehension about this trip has been about the time zones difference for 1 and 3 year olds. Yesterdays situation was fortunate in that we woke the kids up at 5 am and they only took one nap for about 45 minutes. Normally, going to the East Coast, I'd be worried because bed time at 8 pm feels like 5 pm. Since we hadn't really slept it was good. Abigail was in a big bed and AJ was in a little crib. It was hard for them to settle down with us in the room also. Once they did settle down Abigail slept all night and AJ woke a couple of times before midnight and then slept all night. I was curious to see when they'd wake up in the am. I woke up at 7:30 am and took a shower that transformed me into a new woman! Andy got up and took a shower and still the little ones slept! Finally about 8:45 am Abigail woke up and thought AJ needed up too. :) This was all fine since the hotel breakfast was over at 10 am.
We will walk to catch a shuttle that will take us to the rental car. Then we will drive to Norfolk, VA this afternoon. Mapquest says it's a bit over three hours. :)

2 comments:

stacita said...

I love that a shower can make a mama feel like a new woman! I totally understand. :)

Rachel said...

No kidding! What's more is the shower I took the morning after we got to Italy changed my life!