Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Quiet

My big house is quiet today. I am alone. This is the second day this week my little ones have gone to child care. Monday, Andy was home and we were busy every minute with chores. Today everyone is gone. I don't know how many times I've said, "If only I had a day...". Now I have one. As I was driving back home, my heart was heavy and all I could think of was to go home and back to bed. It's funny, really, because of course I have days worth of work to do but I couldn't think of anything to do.
Really I feel good about this situation, in general. I like the lady whose house they are at. They seem to have a good time, Abigail didn't want to leave on Monday afternoon. I feel it is very necessary for my children to have some socialization - contact with the outside world. We don't have friends (that we see often) with kids their age and we aren't near our family. It is a good idea for them to get out a bit. It's just weird. I can't help but flash forward to when they are in school and I have quiet mornings. WOW! I guess this is what motherhood is all about: plugging away in the trenches and one day (even if only one) picking your head up to realize that nothing ever stays the same.

1 comment:

carrie said...

It's so nice for a quiet day here or there but I can't imagine days of it, school seems both so far away but at the same time it is of course getting nearer every day..... I need more babies!!! :)