Thursday, May 29, 2008

Cheesy Rhubarb Bars

These are some of my favorite early summer treats. We were just given rhubarb so I'm making them today.
Crust:
1 C flour, 5 Tbs sugar, 1/2 C butter
Mix together and press into a 9x13-inch pan. Bake at 350 for 10 min.
Filling:
2 eggs (slightly beaten), 1/8 tsp salt, 1 1/2 C sugar, 1/4 C flour, 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, 2 C rhubarb (peeled and finely cut)
Mix together and pour over crust
Topping:
1/4 C butter, 1/2 C flour, 2 1/2 Tbs powdered sugar
Mix and crumble on top of filling. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until set.

4 comments:

carrie said...

Yum....we are going to hit up the farmers market this weekend I'll have to try this, I love rhubarb

stacita said...

I forget to mention they're best when they're cool (just like cheesecake).

Rachel said...

HAA HAA!!! I totally blamed carrie for this post, I was like "Carrie and her rhubarb..." (I don't like rhubarb) and then I scroll down and see it's stacy's post! That's funny!

stacita said...

Girl, you add cream cheese, butter and sugar and you just might like rhubarb!