Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Farmers Market Inspiration


So in our house I am not the main cook that goes to my husband. But we went to the Farmers Market on Saturday and got some seasonal veggies and I feel inspired to put them to use. Here is the recipe I'm doing for dinner tonight using the rhubarb I bought.

Chicken with Rhubarb Chutney

3-4 chicken breasts
Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
4T butter
2T sugar
1/4c. balsamic vinegar
1 & 1/2 handfuls of craisens (or golden raisins if you prefer)
1T lemon juice
1/2lb rhubarb, diced (approx. 1 1/2 cups)

Combine butter, sugar, vinegar, raisins, and lemon juice in small saucepan and cook 1-2 min. Add rhubarb and cook 15min. stirring occasionally.

Meanwhile heat oil in skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in oil cook approx. 6-8 min. on each side and remove from heat.

Serve with chutney and enjoy!

**Could use pork chops instead of chicken

1 comment:

stacita said...

Let us know how it was.