Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Hospital Weekend











So I wanted to do a quick post about our weekend at the hospital more to "remember" it then anything. So we had a horrible night on Friday and Kaelyn and I "slept" (not really) in the recliner. By Saturday morning I knew we needed to go see our Dr. so we called when the office opened and as soon as I said she seemed to be laboring to breathe fully they cut me off and were like get here ASAP. Thankfully I'm not a freak out Mom so I just got us dressed and my Mom instinct thought we might be spending the day so I packed enough stuff for Kaelyn and I for the day. At the Dr. they tested her oxygen flow and she was at 78 which is not good, they gave her some meds to open her bronchial tubes and then tested her again and she was at 91. They then sent us to up to the hospital where we were admitted to the Pediatric ward and the pokes and prods began. After a chest xray which if you've never see what they do for an infant chest xray it honestly no exaggeration looks like they are in a torture device. We finally found out she had pneumonia and treatment began. After another night of sleeping in a "recliner" (yeah right, hospital recliners are horrible!) and being woken for pokes and prods and so the garbage could be emptied!!! Come on people! Anyway we made it through the night and she was very improved by early afternoon and we got to go home! Yeah! So there is our weekend adventure may we not ever repeat it!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I agree with no repeats! Just enough to build a little character, huh?