Thursday, May 29, 2008

My 'Day-cation' to the Big Easy!




I went on a day trip to New Orleans with my friend Leigh today! We had fun, I've never been there before now. It was hot and humid, even early in the day. We went down Canal Street and checked out the sites then we went to the French Quarter and walked around for quite a while. We stopped at Cafe Du Monde which is the oldest cafe in the US (that's their claim). That was kinda cool. Then we walked thru an open air market before we left that part of town. We had lunch and did some minor shopping at Whole Foods Market; that was Leigh's goal for the day. Then we drove thru parts of the Garden district and saw beautiful old homes and yards. I was really fun. The kids and Andy did great at home, no major in-mom's-absence accidents! :) Now I am tired and sticky and ready for a good night of sleep!

2 comments:

carrie said...

Looks fun, love the mask!

stacita said...

I love New Orleans! We lived right across the river from the French Quarter and I took the ferry over all the time! Makes me want to go back. And good for you for having a Rachel day!