Friday, September 19, 2008

A Conversation with Noah Yesterday in the Van

Noah: When I grow up, I'm going to be a famous hip-hopper.
Me: Cool. Make sure your generous with all that money.
N: OH, yeah. I'm going to buy a house and give it to homeless people.
M: That's great! You could also adopt kids.
N: I will. I want to have 8 kids.
M: Whoa! That's wonderful.
N: Yeah. I want it to be a ruckus all the time.
- Pause
N: and I'm going to live in the jungle.
M: Why?
N: So I don't have any debt.
- A few minutes of me explaining debt and that one doesn't have to get into debt.
N: I guess I mean so that I don't have bills.
M: Well, you'll probably still have a few bills, but
if you're a famous hip-hopper you should be able to pay them. Bills are just part of being a grown up.
- Pause.
N: You know, I think I'll be a famous hip-hopper when I'm nine so I can just spend my money on toys.

2 comments:

carrie said...

Love it! I agree with the toys line of thinking.

Anonymous said...

I love the "I want it to be a ruckus all the time" part...:) Gretch