Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day Went Out With A Bang!

Well, FD was good. We sort of celebrated all weekend. Sunday evening we were at a friends house and had a crazy situation happen. Someone knocked on the door and the girl who's house we were out (Tina) answered and turned around a said to call 911. I got Andy's attention and sent him to the door, he was oblivious to what was going on at the front door because we were kind of in the back of the house. Long story short, Tina's next door neighbor had shot herself and then ended up coming to Tina's door! It was touch and go for a while because we didn't know she had shot herself. One of the other girls that was there helped me get my kids upstairs in a back bedroom because we thought we were in danger. After six cop cars, two ambulances, and a fire truck showed up the situation was summed up and determined that she had shot herself, actually attempted suicide. Andy got some real life experience! He assessed her and aided her until the officials arrived. It scared me to the point of trauma and nausia (seriously). The idea that a dangerous and armed person was somewhere between us and the next house and my babies were there was not easy for me to handle. After all, it was okay but I'll tell ya - it was not a nice way to end the day.

2 comments:

stacita said...

How sad that we are just living our lives and someone as close as next door could be in such a desperate and hopeless state. I'm sad for her and for you for that memory, Rachel. Yikes.

carrie said...

Crazy people!