Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Stuffocation


So I just listened to a sermon entitled "Stuffocation" from Stacy's church and the whole time all I could think about was these 2 picture frames I had just bought at Target for $2.50 each. I bought them because a) they were cheap and b) they are "summery" and I don't have any "summery" frames so I thought they would be cute with some 4th of July pics in them. Talk about marketing working on me.

The thing is I have perfectly good frames sitting on my mantle that I could just change the pictures out of to update instead of having spent $5 on ones that will probley chip in a ridiculous short span of time and end up at the goodwill (since I would feel too guilty throwing them away). For me that is what I have to be careful of, things that are cute and cheap, whether it's shoes, picture frames, or a shirt. The idea that these goods are just disposable is such a lie.

1 comment:

stacita said...

Wow! You were fast. I'm telling you, some of the stuff is hard to hear, but it's good in a challenging way!