Friday, June 13, 2008

Finger Painting


So we got home from the park and dinner this evening and I stripped the girls down and decided to work some more on the finger painting projects I'm doing for Father's Day. Elyse had her turn and once I got her cleaned up I got Kaelyn up in the chair for her turn. Kaelyn is happily playing with the paint as I hover over her to make sure it goes on the canvas as much as possible. I hear Elyse start fussing but don't really pay any attention to it until a minute later when it turns to crying. I look down and yes you've guessed it she was finger painting on the floor with her poop. I let out some sort of strangled sound and because I have Kaelyn's hands trapped in mine, as she had started getting a little wild, I am practically flinging her into the sink to clean off her hands and yelling "Yuck, Yuck!" at Elyse hoping it doesn't end up in her mouth. I then throw Kaelyn into their room close the door to contain her grab Elyse throw her in the tub and quickly wash her off. They are both screaming bloody murder and of course all the windows are open and there are people outside with a moving van who I'm sure are thinking "What are we moving into!". Anyway once E is clean I throw them both in their cribs with some books so I can clean up the floor (thank you God it was on the tile!). So there you go that was how I spent my "Friday" night now I need some W & C's!

2 comments:

stacita said...

OH MY GOSH. Extreme fingerpainting! At least she's resourceful. "Let's see, I'm out of paint. What could I use? What could I use?"
Awesome parenting story.

Rachel said...

Once again... sounds so relatable!