Friday, June 20, 2008

Triathlon Training


So I don't know how updated I've kept you all with my triathlon training but so far swimming has been by far the hardest thing for me. (Granted our first bike ride isn't until this Saturday...) The first three times we went I felt I was drowning with the amount of water I seemed to suck in and I swear I don't know how I was doing it but somehow I managed to feel like I was tripping in the water. I'd be swimming along fine (well at least moving forward) then all of a sudden my arms, body, and legs seemed to tangle with the water. Sounds weird but that is how uncoordinated I sometimes felt. Then last Thursday it all kind of seemed to click together and I was finally doing it, I was swimming! It felt great! Then the busy Father's Day weekend hit and then PMS and then a case of Blizzardites (that's the absolute need to eat a Snickers Blizzard and life can not go on until you do) and we didn't get back into the pool until this past Wednesday thankfully I think I've hit the point where I now "have it" and though there may be times I "lose it" I can seem to get back in the swing of things...or should I say the swim of things (haha). So anyway now for a little bragging, Nikki and I swam 1/2 a mile both Wednesday and Thursday and then promptly ran 2 miles! Go us! I'm loving feeling like I'm training for something as opposed to just exercising. It makes it about strength not weight. Just for an FYI our triathlon is on August 17th, the day after I turn 30! WooHoo! Anyway this is such a big part of my time and thoughts right now so just wanted to share how it's going.

5 comments:

stacita said...

I'm so proud of you! You're an inspiration.
Well, I feel like a fat ass. I think I'll go do some crunches.

carrie said...

I don't know why but that made me laugh hard! You are such a little thing! Plus I'm sure you could run me into the ground.

Rachel said...

Stacy, I hate to tell you- crunches are for your stomach not your fat ass.

stacita said...

Oh, Rachel. You made me laugh outloud again. Squats, I guess. I need more squats!

carrie said...

You both made me spit out my drink!!